Hours per week
Required education levels
About the job
To reinforce the Proprietary Trading Desk our client is eager to meet a Financial Analyst with interest in commodities/equities.The role:
- You are responsible for the selection, execution and continuous refinement of the investment strategies through financial and fundamental analysis, based on analytical tools and investment models.
- You support the portfolio, trading and operational management, and monitor the reporting, risk measurement and control systems.
- You challenge current thinking and search new opportunities to deploy rules-based strategies.
- You are an excellent motivator and team player, you interact with internal and external analysts, you have the skills to either multi-task or to delegate.
About the company
Our client is a company based in The Hague with background in international commodity trade, private equity and venture capital. Our Proprietary Trading Desk is dedicated to Global Commodities & Equities and is focused on a top-down market approach in all major commodities, related equities, fixed income & FX. The company takes a long-term view on investment strategies.
About the offer
- A small dedicated team of 3 young professionals with international focus. Next to the team there's the owner and the middle office.
- We reward success, promote new challenges and opportunities.
- With proven skills and experience the Analyst position can grow to Portfolio Manager.
- Permanent education is encouraged.
- Located in The Hague center, with direct access to NS Den Haag Centraal.
- Natural interest international financial and commodity markets.
- You have a background in asset management, trading and/or financial markets, with proven analytical and communicative skills.
- Advanced analytical skills, combined with practical business judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office and of course Excel Macros.
- Working knowledge using financial systems such as Bloomberg & ThomsonReuters.
- Graduate degree, with record of academic achievements, preferred.
- Detail-oriented, creative and passion for excellence.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.