Aantal uren per week
Over de functie
This is a two year program in which you will work on different assignments. You'll get the opportunity to gain challenging work experience and discover your strengths. Based upon the possibilities within the company, your technical expertise and ambition will be matched with the department that suits you best. This way you can grow into a role as Lead Designer.
As a lead designer you design, test and specify service mechanisms an constructions with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical costs, planning and specifications.
You'll develop products that meets all specifications, and that deviations are accepted. You'll ensure that product specifications are feasible and that the relevant restrictions are understood. You'll be responsible for keeping technical product documentation (TPD) up-to-date and of good quality. But most importantly, you'll be part of a team full of skilled and motivated people with a passion for technology.
You are responsible for the design of a mechanical (sub-)module, and you will ensure specifications regarding safety, stability, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, working in a mechanical team. Next to that, it's about:
- Translate performance specifications into design specification.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex systems.
- Interfaces with Project Leader and Architects.
- Some autonomy within own area of expertise, works independently, within practices and procedures. Issues are discussed with team/TL.
Over het bedrijf
Our client is a high tech and international organization, operating in a globally growing market. 80% of the machines we use on a daily bases would not exist if it weren't for this company. The more than 20.000 employees are part of the most creative thinkers in physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanics, software and computer science. On a daily basis, they work together in close multidisciplinary teams where they listen to and learn from each other and share ideas. It is the ideal work environment for professional development and personal growth.
Wat wij bieden
What can you expect?
- Working for a successful Dutch high tech organization with worldwide projects.
- You will participate in an intensive two-year training program focused on your technical and leadership qualities with a special focus on personal development.
- An inspiring and motivating environment.
- Meetings with you fellow trainees.
- Guidance by a personal coach.
- (International) job possibilities after finishing your traineeship.
Wat wij vragen
What do we expect from you?
- A technical Master degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems & Control or other similar studies.
- Preferably experience with 3D CAD OR AutoCAD (or highly driven to learn).
- 0 to 2 years' professional' experience.
- Strong affinity with technology and improvement processes.
- A flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Relevant extracurricular pursuits alongside your study programme.
- Good command of Dutch & English.
- A can-do mentality that lets you turn ideas into results.
Do you see yourself in this ambitious Lead Design program? Perhaps it's time to advance your career and become a part of this development traineeship. The procedure will consist of the following rounds: a CV and motivation selection, a capacity test, a personal interview with the recruiter of this vacancy, an interview round at the Talent Developer and an assessment day.
Recruitment Consultant: Irène Everaert
email@example.com | 06 1535 2002