Hours per week
Required education levels
About the job
To provide HR support in the achievement of business and people objectives by providing a customer focused service. Assisting HR Business Partners, line managers and employees with professional, commercial and pragmatic HR support. The HR Assistant will be aligned to a particular business area and will support the HR BP and HR Director with the end to end employee life cycle processes.
Your key accountabilities are:
- Provides professional and confidential HR support and administration across all HR activity.
- Deals with employment relations issues, such as change and absence management pragmatically, whilst identifying and minimizing risks to the business and ensuring that Company and legal procedures are followed.
- Supports with the occupational health tasks.
- Maintains knowledge of employment legislation.
- Maintains accurate and complete data in our HRIS and electronic files, whilst upholding the highest standards of confidentiality and data protection.
- Supports with regular data cleansing activities.
- Takes part in the review and updating of HR policies, as well as the implementation of new and updated policies, to include rolling out to managers and employees.
- Administration around works council processes.
- Prepares and dispatches offer documentation plus in-employment documentation.
- Contributes to the HR team as a whole, recommending improvements to systems and processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepares and delivers information briefings on a range of HR topics, within and without the HR team.
- Support with immigration matters, e.g. facilitating the visa process for our employees and their families.
Supporting all employee life cycle processes, including:
- Off-cycle pay increases
- Immigration matters, including Right to Work documents
- Employment Relations matters, including disciplinary, grievance and capability processes, flexible working requests
- Relocation & mobility matters
In addition, the HR assistant will help support their HR BP/HRD with any project activities that the BU requires HR to drive on a one-off or periodic basis.
About the company
International company in global satellite communication. With offices all over the world they provide in high quality broadband connectivity for Maritime, Aviation, Enterprise and Government.
About the offer
- A company located in The Hague area, easy to access with public transport or car.
- An international environment with ambitious colleagues.
- A 40 hours temporary contract for at least 3 months.
- Prior experience of working in an HR function at either administration or advisory level
- Knowledge of (Dutch) employment legislation
- Ability to research and analyse issues
- Effective team-working
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to write and present information in English
- Verbal communication skills
- High level of personal integrity, with particular respect to confidentiality
- Used to working with IT applications, HRIS system and MS Word