Aantal uren per week
Over de functie
The Advanced Master in International Development (AMID) offered by the Radboud University Nijmegen since 1998, invites applications for its 21th edition, starting February 2019. For the programme in 2019 we are looking for 30 to 35 trainees.
AMID is a successful one-year dual programme where students work four days a week at an organisation in the Netherlands engaged in the field of international development and come together for academic reflection and workshops on Fridays. Today, three quarters of these alumni is permanently working in the field of international development. They value AMID for gaining relevant academic knowledge and practical skills, work experience, and a network.
More information on the programme can be found on our website.
Wat wij vragen
The selection procedure is open for candidates that have obtained a Master's degree in a study which has a link with international cooperation and sustainable development and who are highly motivated to contribute to a fair and sustainable world. The programme is directed at recent graduates (max. 3 years after graduation) at the start of their professional career.
We are looking for candidates that have:
- Knowledge of, and demonstrable affinity with, international cooperation and sustainable development;
- Work experience (e.g. internship, thesis research) in an international or cultural diverse setting: developing countries, countries in transition, international organisation. The minimum requirement is three months of experience, but preferably six months or more;
- An open and flexible attitude, the willingness to learn and the ability to critical self-reflection are assets that count highly in the selection process;
- Excellent active knowledge of English. Working knowledge of other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) are a distinct advantage. Note that some of the trainee positions require active knowledge of Dutch language in writing and speaking;
- An 8 (or equivalent) or higher for their Master's thesis. Foreign candidates must consult the Nuffic website for diploma recognition. In case you do not meet this requirement but are convinced that you stand out as a candidate because of other skills, experiences, background, or your ability to learn quickly, you should stress this in your application. The recruitment agency (Impressive Green Apple) in charge of the selection procedure selects a diverse group of highly qualified candidates and does so by comparing all applications to find the best and most motivated candidates for the AMID programme;
- Prior upon applying, non-Dutch candidates should possess a work permit and a visa to be able to work and live in The Netherlands for the full year of 2018 and the first month of 2019. AMID is not mediating in applying for the work permit and visa.
The AMID selection procedure is partly managed by recruitment agency ImpressiveGreenApple and consists of various interview rounds taking place in October and November 2018. Ensure that you are available on the specific dates in which the interviews take place. More information on the selection procedure can be found here.
Over het bedrijf
The AMID is a one-year dual learning programme, meaning that trainees work four days a week at one of the affiliated organisations engaged in the field of sustainable development in the Netherlands and participate one day a week in the teaching and training programme at the Radboud University in Nijmegen. The Centre for International Development Issues Nijmegen (CIDIN) organises the traineeships at these organisations. For the 2016 programme we are looking for around 25 trainees.
Wat wij bieden
From February 1st 2019 trainees will be employed at an organisation in The Netherlands engaged in international cooperation or focussed on global issues. AMID arranges the traineeships at these organisations. In addition to at least a minimum wage, the organisation agrees to pay 90% of the programme's tuition fee (9900 euro in 2019) and the trainee's commuting expenses, including lecture days. Candidates pay 75 euro registration fee (37,50 with early bird discount). The registration is valid for two selection attempts. Once you are selected for the programme, the registration fee is deducted from trainees own contribution (10% of the fee) to the programme. The own contribution then comes down to 925 euro when paid in 2 instalments, or 900 euro in full when paid before February 1, 2019. In case the own contribution would exclude you from participation, contact AMID to see if you are eligible for the diversity fund and indicate this on your registration form. Note that this fund is only open to a small number of outstanding trainees contributing to the diversity of AMID trainees and for whom participation to the programme is impossible under the current rules and (financial) conditions.
The first step is to register with AMID as a candidate. The registration form can be retrieved from the AMID website from Friday September 1, 2018 onwards. When you have registered, you will receive a link to the application form where you can upload your cv, motivation and grade list. The deadline for application is Sunday October 1, 2018. Note that the registration is only considered when the registration fee of 75 euro is paid before October 1, 2018 (valid for two attempts). There is an early bird discount of 50% when applying before September 10, 2018. The registration fee is then only 37,50 euro.
Selected candidates for the first round will be invited to attend an information meeting. This meeting will take place at the Radboud University on Thursday 25th of October and is compulsory to attend in order to be considered in the selection process.
Candidates can also propose a traineeship at an organisation where they have been working before in cooperation with AMID. Candidates that already have established contact with an organisation are requested to consult the AMID team (email@example.com) on how to proceed in arranging an AMID traineeship. Note that this is not a guarantee that you will enter the programme since also in this case you must pass the selection procedure.
To apply for the AMID 2019 programme, click here: https://www.rcsw.nl/maatwerk-opleidingen/amid/application#applynow